Breathe and Feel Authentic Japan experientially at the Kotohira-gu Shrine
- 6 Hours: Within the grounds of Kotohita Shrine
- 8 Hours: Starting from and ending at a hotel in Takamatu City*
*The starting and ending point(s) can be changed according to the customer's request.
Model Tour Schedule
09:45 - Meet at Ryokutaiden
09:50 - Greetings and giving an overview of prayer, traditional music and dance
10:00 - Proceed to the Main Shrine
- Main Shrine
10:15 - Prayer, traditional music and dance (Okagura) at Main Shrine.
- View Point adjacent to the Main Shrine
11:30 - Explain the culture and history of Kotohiragu Shrine, with a view of the landscape.
11:40 - Move down for lunch.
- Lunch at Restaurant Kamitsubaki
12:00 - Fusion cooking of traditional recipe and locally grown produce.
- Shoin Building
13:30 - In Omote Shoin, appreciate the paintings by Ohkyo Maruyama.
14:00 - In Oku Shoin, appreciate the paintings by Jakucyu Itoh guided by shrine priest.
14:30 - Meet with Shinto professionals at Shiro Shoin, which includes experiencing traditional
music performances, as well as having the opportunity to play the music instruments, and
the wearing of traditional clothing and much more.
- End of tour
16:00 - Ending at Shro Shoin
Points of Interest
- Greetings from the priest
Brief introduction of the prayer and Kagura, the procedure to be followed, and the time required
- Explanation by the guide
Rules and regulations at the shrine, etc.
- Moving to Gohongu through Minamiwatari-den
- Seated on the floor in the hall of worship
Kagura (miko's dance and gagaku music performance)
- Explanation of the decorations in the hall of worship, Q&A session, return the way you came and go to Midorizumuden
- Go outside and let the guide show you around.
Mihotsuhime Shrine, Mihotsuhime Shrine
Gohongu Shrine and sacred tree
- The observatory and the lighthouse
- Walk doun to Asahi-sha Shrine
- Lunch at Restaurant Kamitsubaki, featuring creative cuisine arranged with traditional foods and local ingredients.
- Explanation of local ingredients and cooking methods by the chef
- Omote Shoin Building
- Oku Shoin Building guided by shrine priest
- Meet with Shinto professionals at Shiro Shoin Buidling, which includes experiencing traditional music performances, as well as having the opportunity to play the music instruments.
- Having the opportunity to wear traditional clothing (chihaya, kari-robe)
2 people: ¥155,000 per person
4 people: ¥82,500 per person
6 people: ¥60,000 per person
Starting Point: Takamatsu-city
Ending Point: Takamatsu-city